Truth Tabernacle was founded in 1924 in Leavenworth, Kansas. It was indirectly an offshoot of the great Azusa Street revival of the early 20th century. The first services were held in a private residence. Later, the church purchased a house on Osage Street and converted the inside into a sanctuary and Sunday School rooms. In about 1970 church property (a former Methodist building) was purchased on 10th Avenue. The church was there until 1992, when the present 7000 square foot metal building was purchased and remodeled at 79 Ash St. Some early Pentecostal Pioneers have ministered here.